2/19/12

Hooray for Homicide: One Year Anniversary!

Statler: "I loved it!"
Waldorf: "So what? You also loved World War II."
- The Muppet Show.

Life of the party
One year ago, today, I was launched into the blogosphere with a brief and flimsy review of Pat McGerr's Pick Your Victim (1946) and gathered momentum in the weeks and months that followed – mainly due to the people who took the time to read and comment on my vague ramblings.

It is, therefore, with a great deal of embarrassment that I have nothing to mark the occasion, like a cross-blog examination of a writer or a slew of themed reviews, which makes me feel like a clueless host who finds a throng of partygoers on his doorstep and has to inform them that there isn't a party today. I wish there was one, but time has only permitted me to post regular reviews, however, once I have unpinned myself from underneath its pointed handles I will vary my output again.

So, once again, I would like to thank everyone who has turned this blog into one of their regular haunts on the web and hopefully you will continue to patronize this blog in the future. And if you want to know how this blog came about, you should read this post.

9 comments:

  1. Happy One Year Old Birthday! If you lived closer I'd send you a little cupcake. So glad to have you part of this vintage mystery corner of the blogosphere.

    That's the Holiday Homicide mapback. Viva Rufus le Roi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a great drinking song in Polish to go for such an occasion. See, on such occasions, our usual song is "Sto Lat", which literally translates out to "100 Years". Now this drinking song I mention expands this all the way out to 1000, bargaining with fate after every verse to extend the 100 to 200 to 300 and so on. Unfortunately, the most I can find of this song begins at about the 1:40 mark of the video below, which mixes a bunch of songs together:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw2IWtTvR3k&feature=related

    But take my word for it, it's great fun to sing! As a way of apology, here's another Polish drinking song, where the singers show off about just how badly their drinking will affect their grandmother:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO3uQwxP68w

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course, what these drinking songs are for is to wish you a very happy blog-oversary! Here's to many more years!

      Delete
  3. Well, I guess there will be a blog-oversary party after all. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Tomcat! It's been a pleasure reading your blog this past year. If it hadn't been for you, I never would've given the manga comics a series thought - you have made me a great devotee of the Case Closed series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I made one other convert and welcome to the Cult of Conan!

      Delete