2/19/13

Time Served: Two Years in the Blogosphere


"Lots of things take time..."
- Michael Ende

Celebrating with John Dickson Carr & Co.

On February 19, 2011, I posted a compact review of Pat McGerr's Pick Your Victim (1946), which was the first of many posts dripping into an ever-widening stain on the crime-orientated section of the blogosphere – discussing everything from locked room mysteries to foreign detective series. OK. Granted, not everything, but considering how classical my tastes are, I think I touched upon a wide variety of mysteries over the past twenty-four months. It's progress... for me.

Anyway, I have nothing special lined up to mark this occasion, but I have a germ of an idea for a one-of-a-kind "impossible situation" that, if it works, will play out right here on this blog. I first need to check up on something and lay the groundwork, but even if it turns out to be impossible to pull off, I will let you all know what the plan was – including the solution.

So for now, I want to thank everyone who has been following this blog, new and old, and I hope you'll all be on my tail for this third year of endless babbeling on detective stories.

11 comments:

  1. Well done on your seconf birthday chum and hope there are many more - and love the Carr artwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sergio! Your comments are always appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary, "Dutchhman"! I'll be tailing you for sure.

    Merrivale looks like Nero Wolfe in disguise. Colonel March appropriately done up as Karloff in eyepatch -- nice! But who could that be behind Dr. Fell? Patrick Butler, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking Ken Blake or Jeff Marle? Maybe Gaunt from The Bowstring Murders. And have you noticed the sinister figure standing between Dr. Fell and JDC? Who could that be? Fouché from Captain Cut-Throat? Leave it to a painting of a mystery writer to leave you with more questions than answers!

      Delete
    2. I did not see that cigarette smoking mystery man until you pointed him out! He blends right into the wall, as it were. Purplish gray skin? Eerie. I think now that man behind Fell can be none other than Henri Bencolin, the only other true series character who I completely overlooked last time I commented.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Love stopping by and learning from you on my favorite genre. Looking forward to another year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to be one of your convenient excuses to bring more mysteries into your home. ;)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations. I've mostly been a lurker but you're one of the regulars on my RSS feed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to be late on this, congratulations from me as well. I think the development of these blogs the last few years has been a great thing.

    ReplyDelete